Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Calendar For My Very Special Salsabeel

So here we go again,,,
Winter break is over,,I really don't know if I should say gladly or unfortunately :/
I love work and getting up active and ready to produce some energy and positivity around, but this time I wasn't eager at all.
Many moms are so glad ,let me tell you :p
I did great art projects and crafts this break and tons of cleaning and organizing around the house as well as the kitchen, maybe that's why I wanted to stay at home and do more.
Anyways, the new semester began and whether I like it or not I have to force some good thoughts into my head,,,I can`t afford entering a classroom with a grumpy attitude or a crossed face.
Hope this year brings happiness and success to all the ones seeking it,,,I keep my Tawjihi girls in my prayers all the time,,,my heart is with you ladies,,,(and yes I'm waiting to eat lots of Kunafah and gain weight).
One of the very special things I made was a special gift for a special student of mine,,,yes she is that special.
A calender that is all girly and pinkish,,,I tried my best to make it simple and chic( hope I nailed it :p) ,,couldn't resist the flowery fabric I saw and the minute I laid my eyes on it an art project popped into my head.
(The quality of the pictures is not perfect as they were taken by my mobile)




It has  square calender sheets for each month so she could cross out days, it  also has some tiny post it notes that could be used to tag days and write comments.












So ,,my dear Salsabeel,,I hope you like it and each day of this coming year would bring you closer to God and grant you all the happiness this world offers.


If you desire to make a similar one then all you need is the following:

canvas ,,or you could just use cardboard
patterned fabric or paper
burlap
pegs
a glue gun (be careful using it,,I always burn my fingers)
some ribbons
and you can print out 2014 calendar here

Glue the fabric on the canvas and make sure the back side is also neat.




Use a ribbon and make a bow then glue it on top so it would go as a hanger.

Decorate as you desire,,I made burlap flowers and used buttons as centers for them.
Glue a peg on to hold the calender paper sheet that you printed out.
The moment you begin,  many ideas will start flowing so don't worry about the design,,,you will always end up doing totally something else.
I wrapped it and made a card to go along.





Enjoy it Soos,,I love you <3






2 comments:

  1. enjoying it alright !
    thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad you are :*
    next time we will craft together,,, how about that?

    ReplyDelete