Monday, November 18, 2013

The Second Letter ,,

Dear students,
When I got my first watch I was in third grade,,, “This is the best thing that ever happened to me!”  was the first thing I said ,,,then when I first travelled to Europe I was 17,,,this is the best thing that ever happened to me!  was also the common phrase ,,,,I will never forget the first time I walked  in the campus of the university of Jordan ,,,,feeling independent, vibrant, goal oriented…and free! This is the best thing that ever happened to me! Was what I said.
Driving for the first time, was the best thing that ever happened to me,,, having my own car was the best thing that ever happened to me,,, and then again meeting prince charming, the wedding and everything that followed was the best thing that ever happened to me,,,       Well, OK, prince charming is no longer charming now since he is the one responsible for taking the trash out, buying grocery, cleaning my car and in very rare occasions, babysitting the (grood).
This is the best thing that ever happened to me was first said when I saw my son`s tiny face for the first time,,,, this is the best thing that ever happened to me was said when the gynecologist told me, “You are having a baby girl!”, finally some pink around the house!
This is the best thing that ever happened to me was said when I first had the yummiest cheesecake in town, yeah I love food and auntie Hanadi knows what she`s doing J it was said when I lost 8 pounds a month ago, and when I had 3 cakes for my 30th birthday.
So what was the BEST for me? Is it a moment, a person or a thing?
To be honest, I came to think that there is no BEST! Not because life keeps giving me lemons, or because I’m the happiest person on Earth and can’t choose what is best, but it’s the realization that happiness is not in things, people or momentarily feelings.
Happiness is inside; I take it with me where ever I go. Happiness is in success, peace of mind and serenity.
Happiness is never gained when you don’t believe, when you don’t pray, when you don’t see beauty and when you don’t learn from your mistakes.
Happiness, believe me, is not a thing   ,,,,,,,it`s inside  each and every one of you.
                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                                          With love,
                                                                                                                                                          T. Binoz    

                                                                                                                                                        14th of April 2013

2 comments:

  1. Well T.Sumaya, happiness certainly comes from within, and spreads its rays to spread warmth and love .. but still you need something to provoke these feelings..
    I love you T. Sumaya , and reading your blog really makes me happy <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said ya Asma,,, things that stimulate our happiness are many but they are not infinte,, so its you who make ur happiness,,
    Loved ur comment,, and i love u too :*

    ReplyDelete