Friday, November 15, 2013

home made play dough recipe

Play dough is always fun when you have preschoolers, especially if you are trapped indoors for a weekend and want to occupy them for a while, even my 8 year old Sultan loves to play with it.
I remember when mom used to make it for my little sisters at home and she used natural food colors like turmeric. 
Here is a home made play dough recipe, I haven't tried this one to be hones,t I use my moms recipe which has no measuring at all :P 
(moms are professionals you know!!!) 
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
  • 1 teaspoon oil
  • 1/4 cup salt
  • food coloring




HERE is also a link to a blog that has an interesting play dough booklet that you can print out and hard cover at any bookshop and arrange in a file so the kids can stick the dough on, have fun and learn at the same time.





3 comments:

  1. sumaya! i love this! do you have a recipe for for play dough without cream of tarter? i don't have that recipe. i tried one other recipe but it came out too sticky :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was me, Usma from London xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usma my dear im so happy ur commenting here ,,
    Well yes i do but im not sure about the exact recipe,, i will ask my mom again and get back to u asap
    Hugs and kisses to Zahra,,, i bet shez a fine young lady now :*

    ReplyDelete