Friday, November 15, 2013

When You Travel,,,,

What things would you do when you travel? Other than sightseeing and taking lots of pictures?
Well okay, I know you would enjoy food,,,especially if you are in an exotic place and you want to try new cuisines.
How about taking a great book with you to fill those dull moments at the airport or boring waiting minutes or maybe hours at check points?
I'm always amazed to see foreigners reading books at their vacation places,,they always seem to have a book at hand. at the beach or in the plane,,airports or even buses and trains,,you see heads tucked into books every where BUT in an Arab`s hand ,,,a very sad fact!
It`s not that we don't have readers,,,I believe we do ,,and as I'm around teens for almost half of my day ,I see them reading a lot. I feel very proud and would want to see that beautiful seen everywhere.
Many youth are now turning to read novels over watching soap operas ,,,isn't that just amazing?
Read,,read,,and READ more !!!
Next time you choose a place for a vacation please consider choosing a book to finish while you are there.




3 comments:

  1. Choosing the right book (books - to be more precise) is my first travel preparation step. Everyone who knows me well, knows that I only start packing an hour before heading to the airport. Only exception is getting the right books to ensure no single moment is wasted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what??!! are u kidding me Deena? one hour before ur flight? u must have gotten used to it then,,,i need one day for packing Maryam and her never ending accessories :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha .. well I must admit 90% of my travel are business trips but they are never pure business. I always forget something.. the worst was forgetting to pack pajamas :D slept in jeans and went to the mall first thing the next morning !

    ReplyDelete