Monday, January 20, 2014

Enjoying Baking

I'm not that great of a baker ,,,don't be deceived by the looks,,,but it's something I look up to be.
If there is anyone on earth who is my inspiration then i'ts my mom. In my mom's family baking and being a baker is a MUST. She has been baking since I cant remember when,,,she bakes great amounts of Chechen bread and half of it is for charity,,,all the neighbors get to eat her bread the day she bakes. Let alone the pastry and the cakes as well as "Ma'mool"
Dad is also a great motivation since he is the one who always brought us cooking books every time he traveled,,,mom , my sisters and I have a descent collection of all kinds of cook books that vary from those about bread to grilling to desserts and sea food. ( LOVE YOU DAD <3).
So...back to me,,I was saying that I love baking but my oven is giving me hard times lately and there is no time with all the madness of work and kids and keeping a household neat and clean so Betty Crocker is always there to save me ;p
These blueberry muffins are made from a ready made mix and they were absolutely delicious,,you should forgive me because I baked them at the most crucial time of my life which is correcting exam papers.
I'm in love with my bird cage cupcake stand and the shabby chic liners as well.
























Baking more is one of this year's resolutions,,,I miss those days when I was a stay at home mom and baking was a technique to relieve stress.
these are some things I made

apple croissant


cinnamon cookies

red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting 

chocolate cake

m&ms cake 

cookies for the parents meeting







This was my first fondant cake,,it looks funny I know especially that the nose was eaten by the kids

cookies also for the parents meeting

a birthday cake I made for my best friend and surprised her in her office
the pictures are not taken by me though
(told you I love balloons :p)



cupcakes for the kiddos

Mariam's fourth birthday cake



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post...great pictures ...all look so inviting and delicious...and if you are not a good baker..I can't see who is?!!!! Great work dear..keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Manal,,your words left me up every time.

    ReplyDelete