Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Gifts and Favors,,one of my life pleasures

Who doesn't like gifts? It's a simple way of showing love in any form you choose. A very humble rose might send thousands of unsaid words to those loved ones,,,a hand made card from my niece in Ramadan made my day,,,a bunch of 30 carnations and one rose in the middle to represent the years of my life was the perfect gift on my 31 birthday couple of months ago.
The expression on people's faces is priceless when they get a nice gift,,,especially those hand made ones.
For me, I always prefer those that have a personal touch and giving favors and gifts to my loved ones and friends is always a pleasure to my heart.
Don't exaggerate in giving gifts,,,,less is more and try to wrap your gifts in a way that represents your personality,,I love cheerful colors and balloons,,ribbons and fluffy bows.
Exchanging gifts is a sunnah in Islam and Prophet Mohammad peace and blessings be upon him said: "Exchange gifts, you will love one another'.
Here are some ideas of favors and gifts I made for loved ones.The weirdest gift I had to wrap was a gift for the "Royal Baby" !!! Yes I'm famous but no body knows :.(  lol.
Well, HRH Price Hassan was invited at my parents house a month ago and I was in charge of wrapping the gift for his new born grandchild. My 10 year old niece Sara made a card for the baby which I thought was very cute.




We gave the gift to the kids and let them hand it to him.




The prince was courteous enough and sent them chocolate arrangements days after. I helped Sultan and Mariam in eating the chocolate,,,it was so yummy :p











These are back to school favors for Sultan's teachers ,a simple mug with pens and pencils for the teachers,,post it notes,, pins,,paper clips ,,and Panadol !! Teachers always have headaches !!









Tea favors for 11th graders that were given to them during their final exam,,tea always makes you happy, don't you agree?













This was also a cute favor that I made for Sultan when he was in first grade,,they were having a lesson about traffic lights so I thought a cookie might come in handy :)
It also had a mini card with red,orange and green circles that the kids could stick and make a traffic light appropriately.







Praying gown hand made with the help of my dear mom






Strawberry jam for my sisters ,,also home made





Needle and scissors felt pouch for my sister in law




Paper watering cans that contained candy for my friends 




These are favors I made in Adha Eid for guests,,the box contained some chocolate and a saying by the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)







And at last ,,,these are favors for Sultan's friends for Eid celebration in his class,,





Exchange gifts,,,you will love each other .

No comments:

Post a Comment